2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Peter Wright vs Jeffrey de Zwaan Preview & Prediction
When is Peter Wright vs Jeffrey de Zwaan taking place? Saturday 28th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Peter Wright vs Jeffrey de Zwaan taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Peter Wright vs Jeffrey de Zwaan on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Peter Wright vs Jeffrey de Zwaan? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Peter Wright vs Jeffrey de Zwaan? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Jeffrey de Zwaan beat Peter Wright 6-4
- Peter Wright is through to the last 16 at the PDC World Championship for the first time in three years having defeated Noel Malicdem and Seigo Asada in his opening two matches of the tournament.
- Wright’s match average of 94.42 against Asada in the third round is his lowest at the PDC World Championship since December 2011.
- Snakebite has a good record in the last 16 at the PDC World Championship, with four consecutive wins at this stage of the tournament since losing to Phil Taylor in the last 16 at Alexandra Palace nine years ago.
JEFFREY DE ZWAAN
- Jeffrey de Zwaan produced an outstanding display with an average of 106 as he overcame Dave Chisnall in a thrilling, high-quality contest to reach the last 16 at the PDC World Championship for the first time.
- His level of performance against Chisnall was no one-off, with the Dutch star recording an identical average in his defeat by Rob Cross in the last 64 12 months ago.
- De Zwaan came out on top with a 6-4 victory when he met Wright in their only previous big stage encounter at the 2019 European Championship. The Dutchman averaged just under 102 in defeating Snakebite on that occasion.
Peter Wright is likely to have to improve the level of his game from his opening two matches if he is to overcome the talented Dutchman Jeffrey de Zwaan and reach the quarter-finals. De Zwaan was outstanding against Chisnall and he has proven previously that he is capable of that standard of display on the big stage so if he was to turn on the style again in this match, it would not be a surprise. Wright obviously has undoubted quality and plenty of experience but there is a definite case to be made for De Zwaan winning this match. Both players have been in good 180 hitting form during the tournament so over 13.5 180s in the match is a good possibility.