2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Nico Kurz vs Luke Humphries Preview & Prediction
When is Nico Kurz vs Luke Humphries taking place? Monday 23rd December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Nico Kurz vs Luke Humphries taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Nico Kurz vs Luke Humphries on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Nico Kurz vs Luke Humphries? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Nico Kurz vs Luke Humphries? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- Nico Kurz followed up his win against James Wilson in round one by defeating the number 15 seed Joe Cullen 3-1 in the 2nd round to progress through to the last 32 on his PDC World Championship debut.
- Kurz looked to be in trouble when Cullen took the first set and led 2-0 in the second, but the German youngster upped his game and impressively turned the match around to defeat the seeded player.
- His overall tournament average of 94.16 and 44.68% success on the doubles show a good solid standard of play over the opening two rounds.
- A surprise quarter-finalist here 12 month ago, Luke Humphries again impressed on the Alexandra Palace stage in defeating Jermaine Wattimena in an epic second round encounter that went all the way into the a sudden-death leg at the end of five thrilling sets.
- Humphries improved on his performance from his opening round win against Devon Petersen with an average of 97.70, nine 180s and a 50% success rate on the doubles against Wattimena.
- He has now won six of his last seven matches at the PDC World Championship, in his two matches over the best-of-seven sets at the 2018-19 tournament he defeated Dimitri Van den Bergh and Rob Cross.
Luke Humphries reached the quarter-finals here 12 months ago and he is capable of proving it was no fluke by having a similar run at Alexandra Palace this time out. The recently crowned PDC World Youth Champion came through a thriller against Jermaine Wattimena in the last round and that battle should stand him in good stead for the challenges ahead. There has been a lot to admire about how Nico Kurz has performed on his World Championship debut, it would be a surprise if we didn’t see him on the big stage again soon, but his tournament is predicted to come to an end in this match with Humphries predicted to win 4-2.