2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Nathan Aspinall vs Danny Baggish Preview & Prediction
When is Nathan Aspinall vs Danny Baggish taking place? Friday 20th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Nathan Aspinall vs Danny Baggish taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Nathan Aspinall vs Danny Baggish on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Nathan Aspinall vs Danny Baggish? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Nathan Aspinall vs Danny Baggish? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- Nathan Aspinall burst into the spotlight at the 2018-19 PDC World Championship when he reached the semi-finals on his debut at Alexandra Palace. The Asp defeated Gerwyn Price, Kyle Anderson, Devon Petersen and Brendan Dolan on his way to the last four, where he lost 6-3 to Michael Smith.
- Since that tournament, he has won his first PDC major at the UK Open, and also claimed a World Series of Darts title at the US Darts Masters in Las Vegas with an average of just under 107 in the final against Michael Smith.
- He has suffered early exits in the TV tournaments played since he reached the quarter-finals at the World Grand Prix in October, but has averaged over 101 in three of his recent defeats on the big stage.
- America’s PDC World Championship debutant Danny Baggish came through a tough encounter against Andy Boulton in round one, winning 3-2 with four of the sets going all the way to a deciding leg.
- Baggish twice came from a set behind to edge out Boulton in a match where both players finished with similar averages of around 85.
- The North American Darts Champion has previous big-stage experience against a top pro when he faced Daryl Gurney at the US Darts Masters in July, but he lost 6-1 on that occasion.
Alexandra Palace is sure to hold fond memories for Nathan Aspinall after his outstanding performance here at the 2018-19 World Championship, and he will be motivated to show he is a main contender at this tournament by putting in a strong performance in his opening match. For Baggish, just reaching this stage is a huge achievement but he will likely be outclassed by Aspinall and a straight sets victory is the prediction for the 2019 UK Open champion.