2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Mickey Mansell vs Seigo Asada Preview & Prediction
When is Mickey Mansell vs Seigo Asada taking place? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Mickey Mansell vs Seigo Asada taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Mickey Mansell vs Seigo Asada on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Mickey Mansell vs Seigo Asada? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Mickey Mansell vs Seigo Asada? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- Mickey Mansell is appearing at the PDC World Championship for the fifth time and is still searching for his first win on the Alexandra Palace stage.
- The Northern Irishman bowed out in disappointing fashion against Jim Long in round one last year with an average of 74.45. The set he did win against Long is the only one he has managed to win at a World Championship tournament.
- Mansell won a ranking tournament in 2018 but his form in 2019 has not been good with only one quarter-final appearance. He only just scraped into this tournament in last place of the cut-off for the ProTour Order of Merit qualifiers.
- Seigo Asada is making his third PDC World Championship appearance, he also competed at the Lakeside in the BDO World Championship on three occasions.
- Last year he defeated Poland’s Krzysztof Ratajski in round one before losing in a tense tie-breaker against James Wade in the second round. At the 2017/18 PDC World Championship he lost to the eventual winner Rob Cross.
- Asada plays on the PDC Asian Tour circuit where he has won multiple tournaments over the last couple of years. He has represented Japan in the last two years at the World Cup of Darts where they reached the quarter-finals in 2018 and semi-finals earlier this year.
Mickey Mansell has a poor World Championship record and this could be set to continue as he faces a very tough first round draw against Seigo Asada. The Japanese player is a very capable performer and seems to be improving all the time. He should carry lots of confidence from success on the Asian Tour and he should prove too strong for Mansell in this encounter.