2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Michael van Gerwen vs Ricky Evans Preview & Prediction
When is Michael van Gerwen vs Ricky Evans taking place? Sunday 22nd December, 2019 – evening
Where is Michael van Gerwen vs Ricky Evans taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Michael van Gerwen vs Ricky Evans on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Michael van Gerwen vs Ricky Evans? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael van Gerwen vs Ricky Evans? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Michael van Gerwen beat Ricky Evans 6-0
MICHAEL VAN GERWEN
- Michael van Gerwen has had to wait a long time for his second match at the 2019-20 World Championship, having started his campaign with a 3-1 win against Jelle Klassen on the opening night of the tournament.
- It certainly wasn’t a vintage Van Gerwen performance in that match, as he finished the game with an average of 96.28 – that being his lowest match average at the PDC World Championship since December 2013.
- His victory over Klassen means he has won 17 of his last 18 matches at Alexandra Palace – which includes each of the last seven.
- Ricky Evans ended a three-match losing streak at the PDC World Championship when he defeated former BDO World finalist Mark McGeeney 3-1 on Friday afternoon in round two.
- Evans produced a very efficient display of finishing in overcoming McGeeney, ending the encounter with a checkout percentage of 55% - which included a tremendous 170 out in the final leg of the match.
- All but one of the previous nine meetings between Van Gerwen and Evans have been won by the Dutchman – the most recent of which was at the Austrian Darts Championship in September when Evans was defeated 6-0 with MVG who boasted an average of 106.
Michael van Gerwen is likely to improve on his opening night performance against Klaasen, especially over the longer format of the best-of-seven sets. The only time in his last seven matches at Alexandra Palace that Van Gerwen has dropped more than one set was in the final itself. Ricky Evans will have his moments and may take a set from the world number one but that will probably be all with the Dutchman proving too strong in powering his way into the last 16.