2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Michael van Gerwen vs Darius Labanauskas Preview & Prediction
When is Michael van Gerwen vs Darius Labanauskas taking place? Sunday 29th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Michael van Gerwen vs Darius Labanauskas taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Michael van Gerwen vs Darius Labanauskas on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Michael van Gerwen vs Darius Labanauskas? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael van Gerwen vs Darius Labanauskas? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
MICHAEL VAN GERWEN
- Defending champion Michael van Gerwen dropped only four legs in a comfortable 4-0 victory against Stephen Bunting to reach the quarter-finals for the seventh time in eight years.
- His average of 104.09 in the last 16 was a big improvement on his performances in his previous two matches where he averaged under 97 on both occasions.
- Van Gerwen has a perfect record in the quarter-finals at the PDC World Championship with six wins from his previous six matches. Last year, he defeated Ryan Joyce 5-1 at this stage of the tournament.
- Darius Labanauskas defeated Steve Beaton 4-2 in the last 16 to reach the quarter-finals at the PDC World Championship for the first time in his career.
- With the scores level at 2-2, Labanauskas won six out of the next seven legs to pull away from the former BDO world champion and set up a quarter-final clash against the world number one.
- The finishing from Labanauskas against Beaton was again his main strength, with his tournament checkout percentage of just under 47% over four matches an impressive statistic.
Michael van Gerwen looked much more like his usual formidable self against Bunting, finishing the match with an average of 104, and he comes into this quarter-final having won 11 consecutive sets at the tournament. Labanauskas has done excellently to reach the last eight but he is unlikely to be able to cope with the scoring power that Van Gerwen brings to the table and a comfortable 5-1 win to Mighty Mike is the prediction.