2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Mensur Suljovic vs Fallon Sherrock Preview & Prediction
When is Mensur Suljovic vs Fallon Sherrock taking place? Saturday 21st December, 2019 – evening
Where is Mensur Suljovic vs Fallon Sherrock taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Mensur Suljovic vs Fallon Sherrock on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Mensur Suljovic vs Fallon Sherrock? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Mensur Suljovic vs Fallon Sherrock? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- Mensur Suljovic has a wealth of World Championship experience but he has never gone beyond the last 16 in any of his previous 12 campaigns, and last year lost against Ryan Searle in his opening match of the tournament.
- His record at the World Championship is perhaps even more surprising given that he has reached the latter stages in many of the big PDC TV ranking tournaments over the last few years – and this is the only one where he has failed to reach at least the quarter-finals.
- Suljovic has had some success on the tour this season with a couple of titles under his belt, including one on home soil on the Euro Tour where he defeated Van Gerwen in the final. He has exited early in a few of the big TV tournaments though which means his ranking has fallen a little.
- Fallon Sherrock made the world sit up and take notice when she produced a tremendous performance to defeat Ted Evetts in a thrilling round one encounter on Tuesday evening at Alexandra Palace.
- In doing so she became the first woman to win a match at the PDC World Championship, two days after Japan’s Mikuru Suzuki looked likely to claim that feat, only to just lose out in a last-leg decider against James Richardson.
- The win against Evetts was certainly no fluke, with Sherrock recording an average of 91.12 and a checkout percentage of 41%. Notably she outscored her opponent on the maximum count with six 180s to four.
This match is sure to catch the public’s attention as Fallon Sherrock goes head-to-head with one of the top players in the PDC, just days after claiming a landmark as the first woman to win a match at the PDC World Championship. If Sherrock brings the level of play she showed against Evetts there can be no doubt that she can cause Suljovic problems and she will have the crowd on her side which is likely to make things more difficult for the Austrian. Suljovic is a very experienced player though and will also just have the extra quality when it counts. A 3-1 win to Suljovic is the prediction.