2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Luke Woodhouse vs Paul Lim Preview & Prediction
When is Luke Woodhouse vs Paul Lim taking place? Saturday 14th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Luke Woodhouse vs Paul Lim taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Luke Woodhouse vs Paul Lim on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Luke Woodhouse vs Paul Lim? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Luke Woodhouse vs Paul Lim? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- Luke Woodhouse is making his World Championship debut having qualified as one of the 32 players on the Pro Tour Order of Merit who were not ranked in the top 32 in the main PDC Order of Merit.
- Woodhouse very recently enjoyed his best result in a major ranking tournament when he defeated defending champion Daryl Gurney 6-5 in round one at the Players Championship Finals last month.
- He also gave a decent showing at the UK Open in March where he won three matches – including a notable win against Chris Dobey – before losing narrowly to Dutch World Cup player Jermaine Wattimena in the last 32.
- Likeable veteran Paul Lim possesses decades of World Championship experience having made his World Championship debut way back in 1982 and in 1990 he became the first player ever to record a nine-dart finish in a World Championship match.
- Lim competes on the PDC Asian Tour and earned his spot at this tournament courtesy of his high ranking on the PDC Asian Tour Order of Merit.
- Wins on the World Championship stage are rare for Lim these days but he is still very competitive and has averaged at least 90 in each of his last three matches at the PDC World Championship. Last year, he exited the tournament with a 3-1 first round defeat against Ross Smith.
This is a tough debut for Luke Woodhouse who is playing his first match on a World Championship stage against a man who was competing at this level long before he was born. Paul Lim will use all his experience and ability to make it a difficult debut for the younger man and it is Lim who is predicted to come through in five sets.