2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Jose De Sousa vs Damon Heta Preview & Prediction
When is Jose De Sousa vs Damon Heta taking place? Tuesday 17th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Jose De Sousa vs Damon Heta taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Jose De Sousa vs Damon Heta on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Jose De Sousa vs Damon Heta? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Jose De Sousa vs Damon Heta? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
JOSE DE SOUSA
- Jose De Sousa comes to the World Championship having enjoyed a tremendous season on the tour with two ranking tournament wins under his belt and a number of impressive ton-plus average performances during 2019.
- De Sousa is making his third appearance at the PDC World Championship. He became the first ever Portuguese player to feature at a World Championship when he made his debut at the 2011-12 tournament where he lost in a prelim to Devon Petersen.
- He returned to Alexandra Palace last year for his second World Championship appearance but again failed to progress further than his first game as he lost in a deciding set against Michael Barnard in round one.
- Damon Heta shocked the darting world when he won a World Series of Darts tournament back in August. The Australian defeated James Wade, Gary Anderson, Simon Whitlock and Rob Cross to claim the Brisbane Masters title.
- He again defeated James Wade at the Melbourne Masters in his first match since winning in Brisbane, with his average of 99.60 against Wade his highest TV average to date.
- Heta is making his debut appearance at the PDC World Championship having won his place through the DPA Pro Tour Order of Merit where he enjoyed a very successful season and topped the rankings.
To see our predictions for the rest of Tuesday evening’s session, click on the links below:
This is a very enticing first round match between two players who are coming into the tournament having enjoyed landmark years with some very eye-catching performances. De Sousa has shown his ability by winning two ranking titles on the PDC Tour in 2019 and he has the game to go deep into this tournament. Heta has proven he can match it with the best of them by winning the World Series event but his performances overall are not as consistently high as De Sousa’s and it is the Portuguese star who is tipped to reach round two.