2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – John Henderson vs James Richardson Preview & Prediction
When is John Henderson vs James Richardson taking place? Thursday 19th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is John Henderson vs James Richardson taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is John Henderson vs James Richardson on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream John Henderson vs James Richardson? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for John Henderson vs James Richardson? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? John Henderson beat James Richardson 6-5
- John Henderson has a wealth of World Championship experience in both the PDC and BDO. He made his debut at the Lakeside all the way back in 2005.
- His best performance at the PDC World Championship came two years ago when he reached the last 16 before losing to eventual champion Rob Cross. Henderson had earlier claimed the notable scalp of Daryl Gurney in the last 32.
- Henderson has not reached the quarter-finals in a PDC televised ranking tournament since the 2017 World Grand Prix – when he went on to make it through to the semi-finals.
- James Richardson came through a sudden-death leg in a gripping first round encounter against Lakeside women's champion Mikuru Suzuki on Sunday evening.
- Richardson had led by two sets to nil against Suzuki and was two legs to nil up in the third set only for his opponent to rally and take the game all the way to the wire, with Richardson relieved to finally get over the line in the final leg of the match.
- His best showing at the PDC World Championship was two years ago when he defeated Kim Huybrechts and Alan Norris before eventually losing to surprise semi-finalist Jamie Lewis.
A good pace is expected to be set from two players who like to get in a rhythm and throw without any drama. Despite his more inconsistent style of play, it is Henderson who is the most consistent player of the two and he is tipped to edge out Richardson in five sets.