2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Jermaine Wattimena vs Luke Humphries Preview & Prediction
When is Jermaine Wattimena vs Luke Humphries taking place? Saturday 14th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Jermaine Wattimena vs Luke Humphries taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Jermaine Wattimena vs Luke Humphries on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Jermaine Wattimena vs Luke Humphries? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Jermaine Wattimena vs Luke Humphries/? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Jermaine Wattimena beat Luke Humphries 6-2
- Jermaine Wattimena is appearing at the PDC World Championship for the sixth time, being an ever-present since making his debut at the 2014/15 tournament, but he has yet to get past the last 32.
- The Dutchman lost to Gary Anderson in a thrilling encounter at Alexandra Palace last year when he came back from 3-1 down to take the game into a deciding set and missed a dart at bull to knock out the former two-time World Champion.
- Wattimena’s career has been on the rise over the last couple of years, his improved ranking earned him a spot in the Dutch World Cup of Darts team this year and he reached his first major TV ranking tournament quarter-final at the World Grand Prix in October, defeating Peter Wright along the way.
- Recent PDC World Youth Championship winner Luke Humphries came through a tough first round encounter against Devon Petersen on Friday evening, winning 3-1 with three of the sets going to a deciding leg.
- Humphries showed some of the form that saw him reach the quarter-finals last year as he took out four crucial ton-plus finishes against Petersen which included a highest checkout of 160 in the final set.
- He has now won five of his last six matches on the Alexandra Palace stage and has never lost a best-of-five sets match at the PDC World Championship, with three wins from three matches over that distance.
This looks to have the potential to be an evenly matched entertaining encounter between two players who are on the rise. Wattimena may be ahead of Humphries in terms of overall experience but the younger man certainly has the talent to keep climbing. Humphries has the confidence of having played and won on the Alexandra Palace stage on Friday evening whereas Wattimena comes in for his first match of the tournament and this could play a part in Humphries claiming the victory.