2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – James Wilson vs Nico Kurz Preview & Prediction
When is James Wilson vs Nico Kurz taking place? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – evening
Where is James Wilson vs Nico Kurz taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is James Wilson vs Nico Kurz on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream James Wilson vs Nico Kurz? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for James Wilson vs Nico Kurz? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- James Wilson is making his seventh World Championship appearance. Having started his career in the BDO, he made three appearances at the Lakeside and has featured at Alexandra Palace in each of the last three PDC World Championship tournaments.
- He has only won one match at the PDC World Championship in his three visits to Alexandra Palace – that was a win against Krzysztof Ratajski two years ago. Last year, he was defeated 3-2 by William O’Connor in his opening game.
- Wilson was a seeded player here in each of the last two years, but not this time as he has slipped outside the top 32 in the rankings and apart from one semi-final appearance and another quarter-final showing, he has not enjoyed a good 2019 on the PDC circuit.
- Nico Kurz is making his debut at the PDC World Championship having qualified by winning the German Superleague World Championship Qualifier in November with a victory against Martin Schindler in the final.
- Kurz has previous experience of playing on the big TV stage having featured at the German Darts Masters in 2018 and 2019. He lost to Jamie Lewis in round one in 2018 but earlier this year he pulled off a massive shock win against Gary Anderson before losing a tight game 8-6 to eventual champion Peter Wright.
- Aside from an appearance as a qualifier at the European Darts Open in March – where he lost in a last-leg decider against Kim Huybrechts in round one – he has not featured in any other ranking tournaments on the PDC tour in 2019.
James Wilson has some work to do if he is to climb back into the top 32 following a largely underwhelming 2019 for the Yorkshireman. Wilson certainly has experience on his side in this match-up but Kurz will be a cause for concern after his defeat of Gary Anderson at the German Darts Masters earlier this year. Although there is the potential for an upset, Wilson is predicted to edge through whilst also hitting the most 180s.