2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – James Wade vs Ritchie Edhouse Preview & Prediction
When is James Wade vs Ritchie Edhouse taking place? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – evening
Where is James Wade vs Ritchie Edhouse taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is James Wade vs Ritchie Edhouse on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream James Wade vs Ritchie Edhouse? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for James Wade vs Ritchie Edhouse? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Ritchie Edhouse beat James Wade 6-4
- James Wade has featured at a World Championship tournament in every year since first appearing in the BDO version all the way back in 2003. He is considered probably the best player to have never reached a World Championship final and has three semi-final defeats on his record.
- Wade surprisingly lost to Ryan Joyce in the last 16 at the 2018-19 World Championship, having struggled through the earlier rounds with wins against Seigo Asada and Keegan Brown in last-set deciders.
- The Machine had a very successful season in the regular floor tournaments on the PDC circuit, claiming five titles, though he will have hoped for better performances in the big TV tournaments having failed to add to the two titles he won in late 2018.
- Ritchie Edhouse reached round two courtesy of a 3-1 victory against Russia’s Boris Koltsov in his debut match at the PDC World Darts Championship.
- Edhouse had an average of 87.83 against Koltsov, which certainly wasn’t helped by his success rate of just under 29% on the doubles. An improvement will be needed if he is to overcome Wade.
- He does have a win against Wade in their last meeting, which was also in a stage environment on the European Tour in 2018. Edhouse claimed a 6-4 win at the Dutch Darts Masters on that occasion.
James Wade has underperformed at Alexandra Palace in the last two editions of the PDC World Championship having lost to Keegan Brown and Ryan Joyce and he will surely be wary of the threat of Edhouse having lost on the last occasion that they met. Wade should have the experience and talent to get through this match but Edhouse may make him work very hard for the victory. Wade’s prowess on the outer-ring should be the pivotal factor in the outcome.