2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – James Richardson vs Mikuru Suzuki Preview & Prediction
When is James Richardson vs Mikuru Suzuki taking place? Sunday 15th December, 2019 – evening
Where is James Richardson vs Mikuru Suzuki taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is James Richardson vs Mikuru Suzuki on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream James Richardson vs Mikuru Suzuki? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for James Richardson vs Mikuru Suzuki? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- James Richardson is making his fourth appearance at the PDC World Championship with his best showing coming on his last visit to Alexandra Palace two years ago when he reached the last 16 and lost to Jamie Lewis.
- It was on his World Championship debut eight years ago that Richardson shocked the darting world by ousting five-time World Champion Raymond van Barneveld from the tournament with a 3-0 victory in round one.
- His results on the tour in 2019 have been not been very eye-catching with only one quarter-final appearance on his record this season.
- Reigning BDO women’s world champion Mikuru Suzuki is making her PDC World Championship debut after winning the Rest of the World Women’s Qualifier that took place in Germany last month.
- Suzuki came through the field as a qualifier to lift the BDO women’s World Championship title last January without dropping a set in the tournament – and her run to the title included the notable scalp of reigning champion Lisa Ashton in the first round.
- This is her second taste of big tournament experience in the PDC having featured at the Grand Slam of Darts last month where she lost all three games in a group containing Gerwyn Price, Robert Thornton and Dimitri Van den Bergh – Suzuki averaged in the mid-80s in all three games.
Mikuru Suzuki is sure to have the support of the crowd and if James Richardson fails to settle into the game quickly, he could be in for a very tough evening indeed. Suzuki will have benefitted from her Grand Slam of Darts experience and certainly can’t be easily written off in what should be a very competitive game. In a match that could go the distance, Richardson is predicted to come through the challenge and hit the most 180s in doing so.