2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Glen Durrant vs Gerwyn Price Preview & Prediction
When is Glen Durrant vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Sunday 29st December, 2019 – evening
Where is Glen Durrant vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Glen Durrant vs Gerwyn Price on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Glen Durrant vs Gerwyn Price? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Glen Durrant vs Gerwyn Price? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Glen Durrant beat Gerwyn Price 7-6
- Glen Durrant edged out Chris Dobey 4-3 in the last 16 to keep alive his hopes of adding the PDC World Championship title to the three consecutive BDO titles he has won.
- His performance against Dobey was statistically his weakest in the tournament so far, with average, checkout percentage and 180 count all lower than in his previous two matches.
- Duzza is through to a World Championship quarter-final for the sixth consecutive time, and he has only lost one of his previous five matches in the last eight on a World Championship stage.
- Gerwyn Price defeated Australia’s Simon Whitlock 4-2 to make it through to the quarter-finals at the PDC World Championship for the first time in his career.
- Price struggled for consistency against Whitlock and finished the match with an average of 92.47, admitting afterwards that he struggled with the pace of the game.
- The Welshman may be making his first appearance in a World Championship quarter-final but he has a very good recent record in TV quarter-final matches to draw upon with seven consecutive wins under his belt.
The last of the quarter-finals looks to have the potential to be the closest one with three-time BDO world champion Glen Durrant facing back-to-back Grand Slam winner Gerwyn Price. Durrant is battle-hardened over this distance and he is unlikely to let Price run away with it, but the extra-gear that Price possesses might just be the telling factor in the key moments of the game. Price to win 5-3 is the prediction.