2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Glen Durrant vs Damon Heta Preview & Prediction
When is Glen Durrant vs Damon Heta taking place? Saturday 21st December, 2019 – evening
Where is Glen Durrant vs Damon Heta taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Glen Durrant vs Damon Heta on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Glen Durrant vs Damon Heta? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Glen Durrant vs Damon Heta? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- Three-time BDO World Champion Glen Durrant is making his PDC World Championship debut having made the switch to the PDC shortly after winning his third consecutive Lakeside title at the start of 2019.
- Durrant has won two ranking titles during his debut season in the PDC and to break into the top 32 in PDC Order of Merit in such a short space of time shows how swift his progression has been in 2019.
- He impressively reached the semi-finals at the World Matchplay in July where he defeated Michael van Gerwen in a memorable encounter, and backed up that run by also reaching the semis at the World Grand Prix and Grand Slam of Darts.
- World Championship debutant Damon Heta defeated Portugal’s Jose de Sousa 3-0 in round one, with all three sets going into a deciding leg.
- Heta recorded an average of 93.89 against De Sousa who had been fancied by many to have a good run at Ally Pally having won two ranking titles in 2019.
- Having defeated the likes of Gary Anderson, James Wade and Rob Cross on his way to winning the Brisbane Masters in the summer, Heta won’t lack the belief that he can win this game.
There will be plenty of anticipation as the three-time BDO World Champion Glen Durrant takes to the stage for his debut at Ally Pally. Duzza definitely has the ability to contend for the title at this tournament but he will be well tested in his opening match against Australia’s Damon Heta who has beaten top PDC pros to win a World Series event this season. Durrant’s heavier scoring should give him the crucial edge, and he is tipped to come through by hitting the most 180s in the process.