2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Glen Durrant vs Chris Dobey Preview & Prediction
When is Glen Durrant vs Chris Dobey taking place? Saturday 28st December, 2019 – evening
Where is Glen Durrant vs Chris Dobey taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Glen Durrant vs Chris Dobey on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Glen Durrant vs Chris Dobey? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Glen Durrant vs Chris Dobey? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Glen Durrant beat Chris Dobey 6-3
- Three-time BDO world champion Glen Durrant won 4-2 in a tough encounter against number six seed Daryl Gurney on Friday afternoon to reach the last 16.
- Durrant has a tournament checkout percentage of 47% after two matches. He hit four ton-plus finishes against Gurney, including a crucial 109 checkout to break his opponent’s throw in the sixth set, after which he wrapped up the win in the very next leg.
- He has now won each of his last 17 World Championship matches and a win here would put him through to the quarter-finals in five consecutive World Championship tournaments.
- Chris Dobey recorded an average of 101.09 and hit 11 180s in defeating Fallon Sherrock 4-2 to reach the last 16 at the PDC World Championship for the second year in a row.
- Dobey had to dig deep to see off Sherrock as she led 2-1 in sets before he managed to win nine out of the next ten legs in claiming three consecutive sets to get over the line.
- His average of 101.09 in the last 32 is his highest ever average at the PDC World Championship, just eclipsing the 100.83 he posted against Gary Anderson in the last 16 at the 2018-19 tournament.
Chris Dobey showed impressive power scoring and composure to get the win against Fallon Sherrock in a match where he had the majority of the crowd against him, but the way he performed showed what an excellent temperament he possesses to go with his talent. Dobey is unlikely to have to cope with the same treatment from the crowd in this match but he will have to deal with a formidable opponent in Glen Durrant who is looking to add the PDC World title to the three he won in the BDO. Durrant’s finishing in the tournament so far has been excellent and it will take a very good performance to oust him from this event. Dobey is capable of producing such a performance as he has the scoring power to match the best and if he closes out legs in the manner that he did in the final three sets against Sherrock, he might just have what it takes to edge out Duzza. The main predictions for the match though are; over 5.5 sets, Dobey most 180s and also Dobey over 95.5 average.