2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Gerwyn Price vs John Henderson Preview & Prediction
When is Gerwyn Price vs John Henderson taking place? Friday 27th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Gerwyn Price vs John Henderson taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Gerwyn Price vs John Henderson on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Gerwyn Price vs John Henderson? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gerwyn Price vs John Henderson? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Gerwyn Price beat John Henderson 6-3
- Number three seed Gerwyn Price had to dig deep to come through in extra legs in a nerve-wracking second round encounter against William O’Connor in his opening match of the tournament.
- Price’s average of 90.98 was well below the standards he has been recently reaching on a regular basis, but he was just relieved to get over the line having fallen at the first hurdle last year against Nathan Aspinall in a last-set decider.
- This is in fact only the second time that Price has reached the last 32 in what is his fifth PDC World Championship appearance. The only other time was two years ago when he defeated Ian White at this stage of the tournament before losing to Van Gerwen in the last 16.
- John Henderson reached the last 32 after making light work of James Richardson in round two where he dropped only three legs in claiming a straight sets victory.
- Popular Scotsman Henderson had an average of 93.34 and a checkout percentage of 36% in his opening match victory against Richardson.
- He is aiming to win consecutive matches at a World Championship tournament for just the second time. The only previous occasion he managed to do so was when he reached the last 16 here two years ago.
Gerwyn Price was a relieved man after his opening round tussle against William O’Connor where he performed below his recent high standards. One would expect the world number three to be more settled having got over the first hurdle and also to produce a better performance over this longer format. The task ahead of Price isn’t easy, as Henderson has proven he is a handful once he gets into his rhythm, but the Welshman is a much more consistent player and he should be too strong for Henderson. Price to win 4-2 is the prediction.