2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Gary Anderson vs Ryan Searle Preview & Prediction
When is Gary Anderson vs Ryan Searle taking place? Monday 23rd December, 2019 – evening
Where is Gary Anderson vs Ryan Searle taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Gary Anderson vs Ryan Searle on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Gary Anderson vs Ryan Searle? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gary Anderson vs Ryan Searle? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Gary Anderson beat Ryan Searle 6-1
- Gary Anderson opened his 2019-20 PDC World Championship campaign with a comfortable 3-0 victory against Northern Ireland’s Brendan Dolan – the two-time world champion dropped only one leg in doing so.
- Anderson’s average of 93.77 against Dolan was his lowest in a World Championship match since December 2014 when he averaged 86.20 against Scott Kirchner – Anderson went on to win the tournament on that occasion.
- The Flying Scotsman has won each of his last 10 best-of-seven sets matches at the PDC World Championship – with his last defeat over this format coming against Michael van Gerwen at the 2013-14 PDC World Championship.
- Ryan Searle posted his first ton plus average in a World Championship match as he defeated Steve West 3-0 to move into the last 32, the match was more closely-fought than the score suggests with all three sets going to a deciding leg.
- Searle’s average of 101.54 against West came in a performance that was much improved from his opening round win against Robbie King when he finished with an average of 87.
- He is aiming to reach the last 16 for the second year in a row, having defeated Stephen Burton, Mensur Suljovic and William O’Connor on his World Championship debut 12 months ago before losing to Michael Smith in the last 16.
Gary Anderson cruised through his opening match against Brendan Dolan with little fuss, he was efficient in getting the job done against a tricky opponent. The form and fitness of Anderson coming into the tournament means he is going under the radar but he is certainly capable of going all the way, such is his talent. Ryan Searle produced very differing performances in his opening two matches and he would need to be near the level he showed against West if he is to produce an upset. Anderson has an excellent record over matches of this length at the World Championship and it is likely he will be too good for Searle. A 4-1 win is the prediction.