2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Gabriel Clemens vs Benito van de Pas Preview & Prediction
When is Gabriel Clemens vs Benito van de Pas taking place? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Gabriel Clemens vs Benito van de Pas taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Gabriel Clemens vs Benito van de Pas on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Gabriel Clemens vs Benito van de Pas? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gabriel Clemens vs Benito van de Pas? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Gabriel Clemens beat Benito van de Pas 6-2
- Gabriel Clemens made his PDC World Championship debut last year where he defeated Aden Kirk in the opening round before losing 3-2 against John Henderson in round two having earlier led 2-1 against the Scotsman.
- Clemens has made a big impression on the PDC circuit this season with appearances in the final of two Players Championship tournaments and most impressively a run to the final at the German Darts Master World Series tournament in July where he defeated Raymond van Barneveld, Rob Cross and Mensur Suljovic.
- He also impressed at the recent Grand Slam of Darts where he finished top of his group with three wins from three matches – including an average of 110 in one of his games – though he went on to narrowly lose out 10-9 against Glen Durrant in the last 16.
BENITO VAN DE PAS
- Benito van de Pas is still only 26 years old but is appearing at a ninth World Championship tournament and has been an ever-present at Alexandra Palace since making his debut at the 2014-15 tournament.
- His record at the PDC World Championship is very consistent with appearances in the last 16 in four of the last five tournaments – the most memorable of which was three years ago when he pushed Gary Anderson hard before losing 4-2 with an average of 102.30.
- The last couple of years have seen Van de Pas slide quite dramatically down the rankings due to poor form and he was forced to earn his spot at the 2019-20 tournament through the PDC Tour Card Holders Qualifier.
The respective careers of Clemens and Van de Pas have been going in opposite directions over the last couple of years. Clemens is a player on the rise and he seems destined to keep on rising such is the standard he has been playing at. Van de Pas had seemed set to challenge at the business end of major tournaments but he has been struggling to find form and he needs to get his career back on track. The Dutchman would have hoped for a much easier draw as the consistency level of Clemens is likely to be too much and the German is capable of firing in a high average on his way to victory in this encounter.