2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Fallon Sherrock vs Chris Dobey Preview & Prediction
When is Fallon Sherrock vs Chris Dobey taking place? Friday 27th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Fallon Sherrock vs Chris Dobey taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Fallon Sherrock vs Chris Dobey on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Fallon Sherrock vs Chris Dobey? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Fallon Sherrock vs Chris Dobey? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- Fallon Sherrock produced a remarkable display of finishing as she followed up her opening round win against Ted Evetts with a 3-1 victory against the number 11 seed Mensur Suljovic to reach the last 32.
- Sherrock took out an impressive number of combination checkouts against the former Champions League of Darts winner and she recorded an excellent 69% success rate on the doubles.
- Her victory against Evetts was eye-catching enough, but a victory against a top PDC player in Suljovic – who has won multiple titles and competed in the Premier League on two occasions – completely topped her win in round one.
- Chris Dobey had to survive two missed match darts from Ron Meulenkamp in their epic second round match that was eventually won 4-2 in extra legs by the 22nd seed.
- He had earlier looked set for a more comfortable victory when he took the opening two sets but Meulenkamp proceeded to win the next two sets and then led 2-0 in the deciding set, forcing Dobey to come back from the brink to get over the line.
- Dobey is aiming to reach the last 16 at the PDC World Championship for the second year in a row after reaching that stage of the tournament at Alexandra Palace for the first time 12 months ago.
The world will again be watching intently as Fallon Sherrock’s remarkable run at the 2019-20 PDC World Championship continues with a last 32 tie against Chris Dobey. Sherrock has not reached this stage of the tournament by accident; her composure against Suljovic was outstanding and if she can reproduce the same standard of play here she has a genuine chance in this game. Dobey will certainly have the crowd against him and how he copes with that will go some way to settling the outcome of this encounter. Dobey has been gaining lots of experience on the big stage over the last couple of years and his run to the last 16 here 12 months ago along with two semi-final appearances in major tournaments will stand him in good stead. A factor in Dobey’s favour is the longer format which will mean he won’t need to panic if Sherrock does make a strong start and this could be crucial. Dobey is predicted to win 4-2 but Sherrock has proved people wrong before and she may do again.