2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Dave Chisnall vs Vincent van der Voort Preview & Prediction
When is Dave Chisnall vs Vincent van der Voort taking place? Thursday 19th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Dave Chisnall vs Vincent van der Voort taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Dave Chisnall vs Vincent van der Voort on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Dave Chisnall vs Vincent van der Voort? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Dave Chisnall vs Vincent van der Voort? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Dave Chisnall beat Vincent van der Voort 6-3
- 2010 BDO World Championship finalist Dave Chisnall has reached the quarter-finals at Alexandra Palace in two of the last three years. This coming after he had to wait until his sixth appearance at the PDC World Championship before making the quarter-finals for the first time at the 2016-17 tournament.
- Chisnall’s quarter-final defeats at Ally Pally both came against the two-time champion Gary Anderson. Sandwiching those appearances in the last eight is a 3-0 defeat against Van der Voort in the last 64 of the 2017-18 PDC World Championship.
- Chizzy has had a successful year on the tour with three tournament wins to his name, whilst his improvement in form also saw him reach the final at the World Grand Prix and quarter-finals at the European Championship and Grand Slam of Darts.
VINCENT VAN DER VOORT
- Vincent van der Voort came through round one with a 3-0 win against Irish youngster Keane Barry in a match which was more closely-fought than the final score suggests as the first two sets both went to a deciding leg.
- The big Dutchman produced a good solid all-round performance in his win over Barry, finishing the match with an average of 95.79 and a checkout percentage of 45%.
- Van der Voort has lost six of his last seven matches against Chisnall, but he will have very fond memories of their only previous World Championship meeting as he trounced Chizzy 3-0 at this stage of the tournament two years ago.
This is a very eye-catching encounter between two players capable of thrilling the crowd with power scoring and big combination finishes. They have both enjoyed a resurgence in form in 2019 but it is Chisnall who has added more consistency into his game, in particular on the big stage. In a match that might well go the distance with a good tally of 180s from the pair, it is Chizzy who is tipped to have the edge.