2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Danny Noppert vs Callan Rydz Preview & Prediction
When is Danny Noppert vs Callan Rydz taking place? Thursday 19th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Danny Noppert vs Callan Rydz taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Danny Noppert vs Callan Rydz on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Danny Noppert vs Callan Rydz? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Danny Noppert vs Callan Rydz? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meeting
- 2017 BDO World Championship finalist Danny Noppert lost 3-0 to Max Hopp in round two on his debut at Alexandra Palace last year, having earlier defeated Royden Lam by the same score in his opening match of the tournament.
- Noppert only joined the PDC at the start of 2018 and has recently broken into the top 32 in the PDC Order of Merit. He has reached the semi-finals in four ranking tournaments during the course of this season.
- Noppie recently made his first appearance in the final of a PDC televised tournament at the World Series of Darts Finals in Amsterdam at the start of November where he came off second best to fellow Dutchman Michael van Gerwen.
- Callan Rydz enjoyed a winning debut at the PDC World Championship on Monday evening when he defeated Steve Lennon in a dramatic sudden-death leg to move through to round two.
- Before he hit the crucial double in a tense final leg against Lennon, Rydz had to survive two missed match darts by his opponent, having just spurned a chance himself to seal the win with a 161 finish.
- Rydz has tasted success on the PDC’s second-tier tour this season with two Challenge Tour titles and he also claimed a title on the PDC Development Tour in 2019, but this is by far the biggest match of his career with his only previous experience in a major PDC televised tournament coming at the UK Open in March where he lost in his opening match.
Danny Noppert has only really shown sporadic glimpses of his ability since switching to the PDC and he will be keen to improve on his showing here last year when he crashed out 3-0 to Max Hopp at this stage of the tournament. The Dutchman won’t be able to take Callan Rydz lightly as the debutant showed great determination in coming through against Steve Lennon and is used to winning lots of games on the lower-tier PDC tours. In a hard-fought match, it is Noppert who is predicted to win.