2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Chris Dobey vs Ron Meulenkamp Preview & Prediction
When is Chris Dobey vs Ron Meulenkamp taking place? Thursday 19th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Chris Dobey vs Ron Meulenkamp taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Chris Dobey vs Ron Meulenkamp on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Chris Dobey vs Ron Meulenkamp? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Chris Dobey vs Ron Meulenkamp? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Ron Meulenkamp beat Chris Dobey 6-5
- Chris Dobey enjoyed a fantastic run to the last 16 at the 2018-19 PDC World Championship where he pushed Gary Anderson all the way before just losing out in a deciding set in a thrilling encounter.
- Dobey has been moving steadily up the rankings over the last couple of years and as a result of breaking into the top 32, he is a seeded player at the World Championship for the first time
- His performances in the big tournaments are becoming more consistent. Having made it through to his first major semi-final at the World Grand Prix in October he backed it up by reaching the last four at the recent Players Championship Finals.
- Ron Meulenkamp cruised to a 3-0 victory against New Zealand’s Ben Robb in round one, the Dutchman dropped only four legs in doing so.
- His victory against Robb was only his second ever win in a World Championship match, with his triumph over Diogo Portela in round one last year being his only other success in six previous matches.
- Although Meulenkamp trails Dobey 3-2 on their head-to-head record he has won each of their last two meetings, both of which were in 2019.
Chris Dobey had an impressive run at the 2018-19 PDC World Championship and having made good progression in some recent big tournaments he will be coming here in a confident mood. He will certainly be wary of the threat of Meulenkamp having lost to the Dutchman in their last two encounters on the PDC circuit. The extra belief gained by Dobey in recent months should help him get over the line in a tough battle which is likely to see a good number of 180s as both players are capable of some prolific treble-twenty hitting.