2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Adrian Lewis vs Darren Webster Preview & Prediction
When is Adrian Lewis vs Darren Webster taking place? Monday 23rd December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Adrian Lewis vs Darren Webster taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Adrian Lewis vs Darren Webster on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Adrian Lewis vs Darren Webster? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Adrian Lewis vs Darren Webster? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Darren Webster beat Adrian Lewis 6-5
- Two-time PDC world champion Adrian Lewis had to dig deep to come back from two sets down in his 3-2 victory against Cristo Reyes in round two. Lewis had looked set for only his second ever opening match defeat at the World Championship but rallied to defeat Reyes, in a match where he also narrowly missed D12 for a nine-darter.
- Jackpot’s match average of 90.46 in his 2nd round win was his lowest at the PDC World Championship since December 2012.
- Although Lewis has a 6-1 winning record against Darren Webster in their previous encounters, he did lose 6-5 to ‘The Demolition Man’ the last time they met back in 2018.
- Darren Webster opened up his 2019-20 PDC World Championship campaign with a very comfortable 3-0 victory against Japan’s Yuki Yamada.
- After losing the first leg of the match against Yamada, Webster went on to win nine consecutive legs to move through to the last 32 with an average of 91.28.
- Webster himself has exited the PDC World Championship in straight sets defeats in each of the last two years, with a 5-0 loss against Jamie Lewis at the 2017-18 tournament followed by a 3-0 defeat against Vincent van der Voort 12 months ago.
The struggles Adrian Lewis has been having in trying to recapture the form of his glory years were again evident in his victory against Reyes in round two. Lewis showed flashes of his brilliance – including just missing out on a nine-darter – but he scraped through after being 2-0 down and will have to improve if he is to go deep in the tournament. A match against Darren Webster will test Jackpot for sure. Webster might not have had a good 2019 but there have been recent signs of an upturn and if he gets into a rhythm, he is capable of troubling anyone. Lewis is predicted to come through the challenge and win this match but he may be forced to go into a deciding set to do so.