2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Adrian Lewis vs Cristo Reyes Preview & Prediction
When is Adrian Lewis vs Cristo Reyes taking place? Saturday 21st December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Adrian Lewis vs Cristo Reyes taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Adrian Lewis vs Cristo Reyes on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Adrian Lewis vs Cristo Reyes? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Adrian Lewis vs Cristo Reyes? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adrian Lewis beat Cristo Reyes 6-4
- Two-time PDC world champion Adrian Lewis has been an ever-present at the tournament since making his debut at the 2005-06 PDC World Championship, with his only opening round defeat coming against Kevin Munch two years ago.
- Last year he reached the last 16 before losing to eventual champion Michael van Gerwen with an average of 101. On his way to the last 16, he didn’t drop a set during victories against Ted Evetts and Darius Labanauskas.
- Lewis is no longer a regular at the business end of the major tournaments, with his run to the quarter-finals at the Grand Slam of Darts in November his first TV quarter-final in over two years.
- Cristo Reyes came back from two sets behind to defeat Lourence Ilagan in a tense round one encounter on Tuesday afternoon at Alexandra Palace.
- Reyes’ average of 85.62 against Ilagan was his second lowest at the PDC World Championship and he hit just 30% of his attempts at the doubles during the tight tussle.
- The win in round one extended his excellent record in deciding set matches at the PDC World Championship – he has won all five of his matches that have gone the distance at Ally Pally.
Adrian Lewis is striving to recover the form that saw him become a two-time world champion. He has had a barren few years in the big tournaments, though there have been flashes of the old Jackpot in some recent displays. Despite his struggles for consistency, it is likely that Lewis will have the measure of Reyes in this encounter. The Spanish World Cup player stuttered through round one and is not in good enough form to suggest he will upset the seeded player.