2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Yorkshire Diamonds vs Western Storm Preview & Prediction
When is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Western Storm taking place? Thursday 15th August 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Western Storm taking place? York Cricket Club, York
What is the expected weather for Yorkshire Diamonds vs Western Storm? 19c with plenty of clouds in the sky but the rain should stay away
What channel is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Western Storm on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Yorkshire Diamonds vs Western Storm? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Yorkshire Diamonds vs Western Storm? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Yorkshire Diamonds and Western Storm? Western Storm beat Yorkshire Diamonds by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Yorkshire Diamonds won their first game of this year’s Women’s Super League as they defeated Roses rivals Lancashire Thunder by nine runs and they will hope they can now kick-on following that victory.
- The Diamonds scored 151/6 but owed a lot to their top three who contributed 119 of those runs but the bowling unit did a superb job of defending that total as all six of them took at least one wicket each on the way to bowling Lancashire out for 142.
- Youngster Helen Fenby has been the pick of the bowlers for the Diamonds so far and she will be hoping to add to her five wickets so far as well as looking to maintain or even improve on her average of 14.4.
- Western Storm looked ominously good as they made it four wins in a row as they defeated Loughborough Lightning in their last match which has seen them already open up a six-point lead at the top of the table.
- The Storm notched 158/4 thanks to a half-century from opener Rachel Priest before Heather Knight chipped in with 45 but it was Freya Davies who stole the show as she took 4-27 to help skittle Loughborough for 118.
- Knight has started this competition in superb form and that knock took her tally for the competition to 174 runs, 44 more than any other player so far which happens to be teammate Fran Wilson.
Western Storm have laid down an early marker in this year’s Women’s Super League and it would take a brave person to back against them at this point. They have won four from four and looked impressive doing so. They now face a Yorkshire side that won their first game of the competition last time out but this will be much tougher for them. The Storm have some serious batting talent amongst their ranks and are likely to have too much for the Diamonds to deal with.