2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Yorkshire Diamonds vs Surrey Stars Preview & Prediction
When is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Surrey Stars taking place? Tuesday 6th August 2019 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Surrey Stars taking place? Emerald Headingley, Leeds
What is the expected weather for Yorkshire Diamonds vs Surrey Stars? 19c with cloud and a 30% chance of rain
What channel is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Surrey Stars on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Yorkshire Diamonds vs Surrey Stars? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Yorkshire Diamonds vs Surrey Stars? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Yorkshire Diamonds and Surrey Stars? Yorkshire Diamonds beat Surrey Stars by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Yorkshire Diamonds enter this new KIA Super League with plenty of optimism thanks to some exciting new signings, and they will be desperate to improve upon their fifth-place finish last season.
- The club signed Australia’s star wicketkeeping batter Alyssa Healy and they will have high hopes for her as she joins Indian prodigy Jemimah Rodrigues and New Zealand’s Leigh Kasperek in the squad coached by Danielle Hazell.
- Having finished fifth in all three KSL campaigns so far, they will be hoping to push closer to a Finals Day place this season, but they will need their top order which features experienced opening batter and skipper Lauren Winfield, to lay the foundations and to put some big scores on the board.
- The defending champions Surrey Stars will be keen to retain their trophy and they have coach Richard Bedbrook leading the team for the fourth consecutive year, and England star Nat Sciver captaining the side once again.
- The Stars will be able to count upon South African trio Lizelle Lee, Dan van Niekerk and Marizanne Kapp again this season and it was Lee who smashed a stunning 104 in the final last year against Loughborough to help her side win the trophy and they will be key players once again for them.
- The Surrey outfit have real strength and depth with one of the most talented bowling attacks in the tournament which is bolstered by the emergence of the exciting young Mady Villiers, while their batting is just as impressive as they look to get off to a winning start.
The last time these two teams met, the Diamonds stunned the Stars by bowling them out for just 66 and then easing to victory in less than ten overs. This match will likely be much different however as the defending champions will be determined to demonstrate their credentials early on and stamp their authority on the tournament from the start. Yorkshire will be no pushovers however and any side with Alyssa Healy in it will be difficult to beat. That said, the all-round strength and depth of the Stars should be enough to see them win this opening match.