2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Yorkshire Diamonds vs Southern Vipers Preview & Prediction
When is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Southern Vipers taking place? Sunday 25th August 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Southern Vipers taking place? York Cricket Club, York
What is the expected weather for Yorkshire Diamonds vs Southern Vipers? 29c with bright sunshine and clear skies
What channel is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Southern Vipers on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Yorkshire Diamonds vs Southern Vipers? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Yorkshire Diamonds vs Southern Vipers? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Yorkshire Diamonds and Southern Vipers? Southern Vipers beat Yorkshire Diamonds by 3 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Yorkshire Diamonds kept their slim hopes of making Finals Day as they defeated Lancashire Thunder in their Roses clash but they must now win their final two games and collect bonus points in both in the process.
- Even that might not be enough with Southern Vipers’ superior run rate potentially already too much to overhaul even if they do not pick up another competition point from their final two matches.
- Australian Alyssa Healy finally clicked into gear after an underwhelming tournament so far and her season-best of 77 was an important factor behind the Diamonds’ win against the Thunder which could lay a platform for her to go big again in the final group stage games.
- Southern Vipers moved a step closer to sealing their place in Finals Day as they edged out Yorkshire Diamonds by just three runs which could prove to be their most pivotal result of the competition.
- The Vipers were restricted to 127/9 and despite that total being achievable for Yorkshire to overhaul, the bowling unit did a solid job as they held off their opponents’ best efforts to claim the crucial win.
- Danielle Wyatt now has 320 runs to her name in this year’s competition as she continued her brilliant form with a score of 59, making it 225 runs from her last three innings which has seen her top the run-scoring charts by a significant margin with the next best 61 runs behind her total.
Yorkshire Diamonds must win and win well against Southern Vipers or their participation in this year’s Women’s Super League will be cut short. The Diamonds are yet to appear in the Finals Day and they look like falling short for a fourth consecutive year. The Vipers look all-but certain of becoming the third side in Finals Day and they can secure their spot in style by defeating the Diamonds for the second time in quick succession.