2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Yorkshire Diamonds vs Lancashire Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Lancashire Thunder taking place? Friday 23rd August 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Lancashire Thunder taking place? North Marine Road, Scarborough
What is the expected weather for Yorkshire Diamonds vs Lancashire Thunder? 22c with plenty of cloud cover but little chance of rain on what will be a humid day
What channel is Yorkshire Diamonds vs Lancashire Thunder on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Yorkshire Diamonds vs Lancashire Thunder? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Yorkshire Diamonds vs Lancashire Thunder? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Yorkshire Diamonds and Lancashire Thunder? Yorkshire Diamonds beat Lancashire Thunder by 9 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Yorkshire Diamonds fell to an agonising defeat against Southern Vipers which could seriously harm their chances of progressing to the knockout stages and may be difficult to bounce back from.
- The Diamonds needed 17 from the final three overs but failed to get the job done as they fell to a three-run loss with that result leaving Yorkshire 11 points behind Loughborough Lightning in third place.
- After starting this year’s competition with three wickets against Surrey Stars, New Zealander Leigh Kasperek has struggled with the ball since then but was superb against the Vipers as she took 4-16 and she will look to maintain that level of performance here.
- Lancashire Thunder continue to prop up the Women’s Super League after failing to break their duck in this year’s competition as they fell to a sixth defeat from their seven games so far against Loughborough Lightning.
- In a game affected by the weather, Lancashire fell well short of their total as they went down by 35-runs via the D/L method as they stuttered their way to 74/6 from the 13.4 overs they were able to get in before the umpires brought the game to an end.
- Sune Luus reached double figures for just the second time in the competition this year but she will need to produce a lot more with the bat whilst her bowling continues to be restricted with her yet to take a wicket from the limited time she has been handed the ball.
Yorkshire Diamonds will need to bounce back quickly after blowing a great chance to put themselves right in the mix for a spot in the knockout stages. They were in a superb position to claim the win over Southern Vipers but blew it at the death as their run chase fell short. They now host Roses rivals Lancashire who are without a win in this year’s competition and with some of their big names still struggling for form, Yorkshire can come out on top to claim a valuable win.