2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Western Storm vs Yorkshire Diamonds Preview & Prediction
When is Western Storm vs Yorkshire Diamonds taking place? Wednesday 28th August 2019 – 18:30 (UK)
Where is Western Storm vs Yorkshire Diamonds taking place? The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton
What is the expected weather for Western Storm vs Yorkshire Diamonds? 16c but there is high chance of rain that could have an impact on play
What channel is Western Storm vs Yorkshire Diamonds on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Western Storm vs Yorkshire Diamonds? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Western Storm vs Yorkshire Diamonds? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Western Storm and Yorkshire Diamonds? Western Storm beat Yorkshire Diamonds by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Western Storm maintained their perfect record in the group stage of the Women’s Super League as they crushed reigning champions Surrey Stars thanks to a brilliant all-round display.
- The Storm racked up a big score as they posted 171/4 with opener Rachel Priest leading the way with 89 from just 55 balls before they skittled the Stars for just 94 to claim a 77-run victory.
- Sonia Odedra has been underwhelming since her arrival earlier in the month but she produced a brilliant display against the Stars as she took 4-25 and took the prize wicket of England star Natalie Sciver in the process.
- Yorkshire Diamonds did not do enough to claim the bonus point win they needed despite a thrilling victory over Southern Vipers as they edged their rivals with the final ball of the match.
- Chasing 185 for victory Yorkshire did a brilliant job of reaching their big target thanks to a fantastic knock of 112* from just 58 deliveries by Jemimah Rodrigues but despite the win, the Diamonds will not be able to qualify for Finals Day.
- Rodrigues has enjoyed a superb competition and another big score could see her finish at the top of the run-scoring chart where she currently sits in second spot with 341 runs from her nine matches.
Yorkshire Diamonds fell just short in their task of taking their qualification hopes to the final round of games despite a superb victory over rivals Southern Vipers. They have shown some good signs in their last two games but it is a case of too little, too late for the Diamonds. They face a tough end to their competition as they face the unbeaten Western Storm who will be looking to complete a perfect record in the group stage and they should be able to do just that if the weather allows them.