2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Western Storm vs Southern Vipers Preview & Prediction
When is Western Storm vs Southern Vipers taking place? Tuesday 20th August 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Western Storm vs Southern Vipers taking place? The Bristol County Ground, Bristol
What is the expected weather for Western Storm vs Southern Vipers? 18c with sunshine covered by some clouds but little chance of rain
What channel is Western Storm vs Southern Vipers on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Western Storm vs Southern Vipers? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Western Storm vs Southern Vipers? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Western Storm and Southern Vipers? Western Storm beat Southern Vipers by 3 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Western Storm maintained their brilliant start to this year’s Women’s Super League as they won their sixth game in a row to keep their 100% record intact after edging Lancashire Thunder in a tense affair.
- Chasing 160 to win, the Storm left it late before finally reaching their total as they hit the mark required with just one ball remaining with Smiriti Mandhana once again the star with the bat as she backed up her 70 against Yorkshire with a knock of 72.
- Captain Heather Knight continued her impressive tournament too as she chipped in with two wickets whilst also contributing with two run-outs and with her driving her team forward, they look to be a formidable opponent in this competition.
- Southern Vipers got back to winning ways after securing a big win over Surrey Stars but they will have to match that level of performance if they are to overcome top of the table Western Storm.
- Danielle Wyatt was the undoubted star as the England international hit a sensational century, notching 110 off just 60 balls in a superb display of power hitting which helped her side to 178/5.
- That scoreboard pressure told and the bowling unit performed a great job to round off the win as they skittled the Stars for just 89 which meant an 89-run victory and Wyatt and all-rounder Stafanie Taylor will be crucial to their side’s chances here.
Western Storm are the team to beat in this year’s Women’s Super League but they will face a difficult task to retain their unbeaten record as they face Southern Vipers. Top of the table Storm will face the second-placed Vipers in what should be an enthralling contest. The Storm have won all six of their games so far whilst the Vipers have only lost once but despite having some big-game players like Danielle Wyatt and Stafanie Taylor, they could just fall short against Heather Knight’s side.