2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Surrey Stars vs Western Storm Preview & Prediction
When is Surrey Stars vs Western Storm taking place? Sunday 25th August 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Surrey Stars vs Western Storm taking place? Woodbridge Road, Guildford
What is the expected weather for Surrey Stars vs Western Storm? 30c with bright sunshine and clear skies
What channel is Surrey Stars vs Western Storm on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Surrey Stars vs Western Storm? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Surrey Stars vs Western Storm? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Surrey Stars and Western Storm? Western Storm beat Surrey Stars by 4 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Reigning champions Surrey Stars will not defend their title this year as they were beaten by Loughborough Lightning in their critical contest to ensure that they could not qualify for the Finals Day.
- After two consecutive appearances in Finals Day, the Stars will be absent this year after a disappointing campaign with their fate sealed following a fifth successive defeat as the Lightning won by five wickets.
- Captain Natalie Sciver and Sarah Taylor were again integral for the Stars but as throughout most of the tournament, they have been let down by their teammates and the Stars may opt to rotate their side for this penultimate game of this year’s competition.
- Western Storm are two games away from making it a perfect 10 as they claimed their eighth straight victory in this year’s Women’s Super League as they claimed a narrow victory over Surrey Stars and now face them once again here.
- After already securing their spot at Finals Day, the Storm were able to qualify directly for the final itself after Loughborough Lightning failed to pick up a bonus point in their win over the Stars.
- The Storm have the option of resting some of their stars following the four-run win last time out but any changes they make are expected to be limited as they attempt to keep their momentum going and go the full tournament unbeaten.
Reigning champions Surrey Stars will face the team that are favourites to take their crown in their penultimate game of the group stages. They are on a five-match losing streak and that has ensured they will not be able to qualify for Finals Day. Western Storm on the other hand have won all eight of their games in this year’s competition and although the game was extremely close the last time the two met, they should be able to maintain their 100% record in this encounter.