2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Surrey Stars vs Southern Vipers Preview & Prediction
When is Surrey Stars vs Southern Vipers taking place? Monday 12th August 2019 – 18:30 (UK)
Where is Surrey Stars vs Southern Vipers taking place? Kia Oval, London
What is the expected weather for Surrey Stars vs Southern Vipers? 17c and 70% chance of rain throughout the afternoon which may affect play
What channel is Surrey Stars vs Southern Vipers on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Surrey Stars vs Southern Vipers? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Surrey Stars vs Southern Vipers? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Surrey Stars and Southern Vipers? Surrey Stars beat Southern Vipers by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Surrey Stars have a 100% winning record in the Kia Super League so far having beaten both Yorkshire Diamonds and Lancashire Thunder, but they will face a tough test against the Southern Vipers in this televised clash at The Oval.
- Despite winning both matches so far, their performances have been mixed and they have relied on some excellent bowling to keep them in the matches and finally their batting clicked last time out against Thunder in the eight-wicket win.
- The bowling unit of Villiers, Kapp, Van Niekirk and Marsh produced the goods once again in that game and are arguably the best bowling attack in the tournament, so they will be key as they face an upgrade in opponent against the Vipers.
- After winning their opening two matches against Lancashire Thunder and Loughborough Lightning, the Vipers had a setback last time out as they lost on the penultimate ball against Western Storm in an exciting game.
- Stafanie Taylor continues to be their standout performer with the bat as she hit an unbeaten 44 from 28 balls and as much as her scoring, it is the fact she can score at a quick rate that makes her so key to this Vipers batting line-up.
- Changes to the team are unlikely despite the defeat last time out but they will be bracing themselves for a tough test once again as they make the trip to The Oval, and they will know they need to raise their game once again here.
Both of these sides already figure to be in the mix up for the top four places and this will be a good test of their credentials. Neither team has looked unbeatable thus far but the Stars showed last time out that if their batting can produce, they have the best bowling attack in the tournament so they may be the strongest all-round team at their best. The Vipers have players that can take the game away from any team however with Stafanie Taylor looking in imperious form so far. Their only deficiency is their bowling however and it is the difference in quality there which can swing the match in the Stars’ favour.