2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Loughborough Lightning vs Surrey Stars Preview & Prediction
When is Loughborough Lightning vs Surrey Stars taking place? Friday 23rd August 2019 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is Loughborough Lightning vs Surrey Stars taking place? Haslegrave Ground, Loughborough
What is the expected weather for Loughborough Lightning vs Surrey Stars? 23c with some clouds in the air but the rain should stay away
What channel is Loughborough Lightning vs Surrey Stars on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Loughborough Lightning vs Surrey Stars? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Loughborough Lightning vs Surrey Stars? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Loughborough Lightning and Surrey Stars? Loughborough Lightning beat Surrey Stars by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Loughborough Lightning moved a step closer to securing a spot in the semi-finals as they picked up an important victory over struggling Lancashire Thunder in a rain-affected match in Manchester.
- Lightning have now won three consecutive matches to move into the driving seat following just one win from their opening four games and after the 35-run win by the D/L method, they can put one foot into the knockout stages if they can beat Surrey Stars here.
- Loughborough’s top order were poor against Lancashire with their middle order doing the job as Georgia Adams notched a half-century and she will be hoping for more time at the crease to build on her impressive average of 62.5 so far in this competition.
- Surrey Stars’ poor run of form continued and they now enter this vitally important game against one of their rivals for a semi-final spot on the back of four consecutive defeats with them failing to win since their second game of the tournament.
- The Stars were in with a shout of ending their winless streak as they chased 160 for the win against runaway leaders Western Storm but left themselves with too much to do in the final overs as they lost by four runs.
- Sarah Taylor put her side on the right track after both openers fell without troubling the scorer as she hit 73 from 54 whilst England teammate and Stars captain Natalie Sciver chipped in with both bat and ball and that pair will be crucial to their side’s chances.
If Surrey Stars are to have any chance of retaining their Women’s Super League crown, they have to beat Loughborough Lightning in this game. They are struggling to make the semi-finals at this point but a win over their main rivals for a spot in the knockout stages could turn their fortunes around. They will have to be consistent from this point on to have any chance of progressing and whilst they are capable of earning the win, Loughborough will take some beating on current form.