2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Loughborough Lightning vs Southern Vipers Preview & Prediction
When is Loughborough Lightning vs Southern Vipers taking place? Sunday 1st September 2019 – 12:00 (UK)
Where is Loughborough Lightning vs Southern Vipers taking place? The 1st Central County Ground, Hove
What is the expected weather for Loughborough Lightning vs Southern Vipers? 18c with some clouds in the air but it is expected to be very humid
What channel is Loughborough Lightning vs Southern Vipers on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Loughborough Lightning vs Southern Vipers? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Loughborough Lightning vs Southern Vipers? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Loughborough Lightning and Southern Vipers? Loughborough Lightning beat Southern Vipers by 36 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Loughborough Lightning warmed up for their semi-final clash with Southern Vipers with a 36-run victory over them in their final group game of the Women’s Super League to make it six wins in a row.
- That win ensured Lightning finished the group with seven wins and finished 10 points ahead of the Vipers which should stand them in good stead ahead of their game for the right to meet Western Storm in the final.
- Amy Jones carried on where she left off against Lancashire Thunder as she scored her second consecutive unbeaten half-century, this time scoring 74* and she will have a key role to play on current form.
- Southern Vipers lost in their preview of the semi-final with Loughborough Lightning and look like they have it all to do ahead of their big clash after a second successive defeat sees them head into this game out of form.
- The Vipers were outplayed by their opponents as they were skittled for 127 in pursuit of 164 for the win but never looked close to chasing down their target after the loss of persistent wickets.
- Danni Wyatt fell for a golden duck in what was the worst possible start for the Vipers and if they are to have any chance in this semi-final, it is imperative that she responds with a good score here whilst captain Tammy Beaumont also needs to impress.
Loughborough Lightning head into this game one thing on their mind as they attempt to go one better than their effort in last year’s Women’s Super League. Lightning were defeated in last year’s final and will at least match that finish if they can overcome Southern Vipers in this semi-final. They head into this on the back of defeating the Vipers in their final group game and have won their last six games with that form able to continue here to set up a mouth-watering clash with Western Storm in the final.