2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Loughborough Lightning vs Lancashire Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Loughborough Lightning vs Lancashire Thunder taking place? Sunday 25th August 2019 – 11:30 (UK)
Where is Loughborough Lightning vs Lancashire Thunder taking place? Trent Bridge, Nottingham
What is the expected weather for Loughborough Lightning vs Lancashire Thunder? 26-28c with sunshine and some clouds ahead
What channel is Loughborough Lightning vs Lancashire Thunder on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Loughborough Lightning vs Lancashire Thunder? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Loughborough Lightning vs Lancashire Thunder? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Loughborough Lightning and Lancashire Thunder? Loughborough Lightning beat Lancashire Thunder by 35 runs (D/L method)
THE TEAM NEWS
- Loughborough Lightning secured their fourth consecutive victory as they defeated Surrey Stars which sealed the Lightning’s spot at Finals Day and eliminated the reigning champions in the process.
- Lightning took seven wickets as they restricted the Stars to 147 runs but looked comfortable in their chase as they reached their target with nine balls remaining with Mignon du Preez the pick with the bat.
- Du Preez scored a quick-fire 48* from 25 balls to continue her good form and guide her side to the win with the South African now standing at fifth in the top-scoring charts with 246 runs at a tournament-leading average of 61.5.
- Lancashire Thunder remain winless in this year’s Women’s Super League after they lost their seventh game of the tournament in the battle of the Roses with Yorkshire Diamonds and they now have just two games remaining to try and break their duck.
- Despite posting their highest score of this year’s competition so far with 164, Thunder were unable to defend that total as the Diamonds surpassed their target with four wickets in hand and seven balls remaining.
- Lancashire will be keen to end their competition on a high and will need the likes of Harmanpreet Kaur to continue contributing to the cause with her score of 38 against the Diamonds taking her to 255 runs for the tournament.
Loughborough Lightning sealed their place at Finals Day and will look to continue their good form ahead of their semi-final. They can no longer catch leaders Western Storm but will fancy their chance whoever they face out of Southern Vipers and Yorkshire Diamonds. They have won four in a row and have a great chance to extend that winning run as they face the winless Lancashire Thunder with their run without a win set to stretch to nine matches.