2019 Women’s Kia Super League – Lancashire Thunder vs Yorkshire Diamonds Preview & Prediction
When is Lancashire Thunder vs Yorkshire Diamonds taking place? Tuesday 13th August 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Lancashire Thunder vs Yorkshire Diamonds taking place? Aigburth, Liverpool
What is the expected weather for Lancashire Thunder vs Yorkshire Diamonds? 17c with sunshine forecast
What channel is Lancashire Thunder vs Yorkshire Diamonds on? Sky Sports have the rights to televise some Kia Super League matches, so it is worth checking their broadcast schedule
Where can I stream Lancashire Thunder vs Yorkshire Diamonds? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Lancashire Thunder vs Yorkshire Diamonds? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/ksl
What was the outcome in the last meeting between Lancashire Thunder and Yorkshire Diamonds? Lancashire Thunder beat Yorkshire Diamonds by 9 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lancashire Thunder have lost all three matches they have played so far this season and they will be targeting this match against their Roses rivals Yorkshire Diamond as one they have to win to kick-start their campaign.
- Despite losing narrowly to Western Storm last time out, there were positives to take from a solid batting performance which saw overseas stars Sune Luus and Harmanpreet Kaur hit 62 and 30 respectively but none of their batters have scored 100 total runs across the three games so far and that needs to be rectified.
- The bowling unit also needs to improve and while the likes of Sophie Ecclestone are economical she is not taking enough wickets and they need to penetrate more if they are to challenge for a top three spot.
- After pushing Surrey Stars all the way in their opening match, the Yorkshire Diamonds were comprehensively beaten by Loughborough Lightning last time out by nine wickets and their bet run rate took a heavy blow as their total of 121/6 was knocked off in just 13.2 overs.
- That is two matches in a row that the Diamonds have only managed to score 121 runs and they will simply have to improve with the bat if they are to start winning matches in the Kia Super League, and their big names like Healy and Winfield need to lead from the top.
- The heavy loss to Loughborough was particularly disappointing as their bowlers struggled badly also and they will have to do much better here as they come up against Indian star Harmanpreet Kaur who is just finding form.
Both of these teams remain without a win in the 2019 Kia Super League so far and will view this as a golden opportunity to get off the mark as well as to get a win over their arch-rivals. The Diamonds were incredibly poor last time out. They rely so heavily on their star players and lack much of a supporting cast. The Thunder, however, have more all-round quality and have competed well so far despite being winless, but they can pick up their first triumph against the Roses rivals.