2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women taking place? Wednesday 27th November, 2019 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women taking place? Drummoyne Oval, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women? 22c in sunny skies
What television channel is Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sydney Thunder Women beat Melbourne Stars by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
SYDNEY THUNDER WOMEN
- Sydney Thunder tied their game with Adelaide Strikers but came out second best in the Super Over in a result that leaves their play-off hopes hanging by the thinnest of threads after a sixth successive loss.
- The Thunder needed 162 to win as they struggled with the ball but 18-year-old Hannah Darlington made a huge impression as she took three wickets and that helped her to career-best figures.
- Needing one off the final ball to win, Nida Dar was trapped lbw to force the Super Over and their inability to claim the game within the 20 overs proved to be their downfall as they only managed six runs from their six balls which the Strikers managed to surpass with ease.
MELBOURNE STARS WOMEN
- Melbourne Stars picked up just their second win of this year’s Women’s Big Bash League as they defeated Melbourne rivals the Renegades with a great performance and they will be looking to end their campaign on a high.
- The Stars struggled with the ball as they were unable to prevent the Renegades from posting a big total of 165/3 but they responded superbly with the bat despite losing captain Elyse Viliiani for just 11 runs.
- Lizelle Lee combined with Mignon du Preex for a second-wicket partnership of 90 and that set the tone for the rest of the innings before a superb knock of 34* from just 15 balls by Erin Osborne sealed the rare win for the Stars.
Sydney Thunder looked set to end their losing streak but suffered heartbreak as they could not find the one run they needed to win from the final ball of their innings and then crumbled in the subsequent Super Over. They now face a Melbourne Stars side that will be full of confidence after finally earning their second win of the competition thanks to a superb batting display last time out and they should be able to build on that to make it two wins in a row.