2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women taking place? Sunday 27th October, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women taking place? Bankstown Oval, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women? 19c in sunny skies
What television channel is Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Thunder Women vs Melbourne Stars Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sydney Thunder Women beat Melbourne Stars Women by 5 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
SYDNEY THUNDER WOMEN
- Sydney Thunder made it consecutive wins thanks to a narrow victory over Melbourne Renegades with Rene Farrell proving to be the hero thanks to her efforts in the final over of the match.
- The Thunder posted 132/8 with all of the top five in the order making double figures although Rachael Haynes was the only one to top 25 runs and that is something that they will need to improve on as the tournament progresses.
- Shabnim Ismail produced a wonderful performance with the ball as she took figures of 3-14 but it was Farrell who stepped up when it mattered as she took two wickets in the last over of the chase to help her side win by three runs.
MELBOURNE STARS WOMEN
- Melbourne Stars lost their third consecutive game of this season’s Women’s Big Bash League and sit bottom of the ladder as the only side yet to win a game after they were on the end of a heavy loss against Sydney Sixers.
- The Stars were restricted to just 107 runs after losing nine wickets but it could have been different for them after reaching 77/1 with the final eight wickets falling for 30 runs in a terrible batting collapse.
- The Sixers did not need to get out of second gear as they chased down their total with ease but it is their batting that will need to improve after losing 26 wickets in their three matches so far.
Melbourne Stars are yet to win a game in this year’s WBBL and now face a Sydney Thunder side that have won their last two. The Stars are struggling with the bat and are losing frequent wickets and that does not bode well against the Thunder who produced a brilliant effort with the ball in their last game. With the Stars lacking confidence in their performances at the moment, they could struggle again and the Thunder can make it three wins in a row.