2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women taking place? Sunday 3rd November, 2019 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women taking place? W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth
What is the expected weather for Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women? 21c in partly cloudy skies
What television channel is Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sydney Sixers Women beat Melbourne Stars Women by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
SYDNEY SIXERS WOMEN
- Sydney Sixers made it back-to-back wins as they narrowly edged out Melbourne Renegades in a thrilling contest in Perth and that should stand the Sixers in good stead as they face a Melbourne Stars side with just one win so far.
- Marizanne Kapp continued her superb form and took another two wickets to make it five from her last two games with another strong performance with her economy rate now standing at 4.46.
- Kapp and her fellow bowlers helped restrict the Renegades to 120/8 and another fine knock by captain Ellyse Perry helped her side to the win as her unbeaten 45 proved to the catalyst for a four-wicket win with just one ball remaining.
MELBOURNE STARS WOMEN
- Melbourne Stars ended their drought as they won their first game of this season’s Women’s Big Bash League with a relatively comfortable win over Perth Scorchers in what was their performance of the competition by a long way.
- The Stars have done a good job with the bat so far and have not struggled for runs but posted their highest total of this year’s tournament with 155 for the loss of just three wickets thanks to an outstanding performance by Lizelle Lee.
- The South African smashed an unbeaten 103 off just 65 balls and she was backed up by the bowling unit who did enough to restrict the Scorchers who fell 20 runs short, much to the delight of the Stars.
Melbourne Stars won their first game of this year’s WBBL at the fifth attempt as they produced a strong performance to defeat Perth Scorchers. Lizelle Lee produced the first century of this year’s competition and did so in style with an unbeaten 103 at a strike rate of 158.46. The Stars will be hoping that Lee can carry on where she left off in what will be a tough game against Sydney Sixers but the Stars will have a big task on their hands and the Sixers can prevail.