2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women taking place? Saturday 26th October, 2019 – 04:00 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women taking place? Hurstville Oval, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women? 28c in bright sunshine and clear skies
What television channel is Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Melbourne Stars Women beat Sydney Sixers Women by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
SYDNEY SIXERS WOMEN
- Sydney Sixers have a huge job on their hands to lift themselves after they were hammered by Brisbane Heat in a repeat of last year’s final with that performance falling well short the standards that the Sixers have set themselves in this competition.
- The Heat had posted 165/6 with some sloppy bowling giving them a bigger total than they should have but it was the batting performance that was the most alarming aspect for the Sixers.
- Alyssa Healy and Ellyse Perry failed to get going and when the latter fell to make it 72/5, the Sixers suffered an awful collapse as they were skittled, just 14 balls later after adding a single run which resulted in a defeat by 92 runs.
MELBOURNE STARS WOMEN
- Melbourne Stars suffered back-to-back defeats against Hobart Hurricanes to get their Women’s Big Bash League campaign off to a poor start and now face a Sydney Sixers side that could be on the rebound after their heavy defeat last time out.
- The Stars posted a total of 136/7 but it could and probably should have been more with three players scoring into the 20s but they all failed to kick on with the highest score of the innings standing at 25.
- That score meant that Stars would need to be in good form with the ball and despite restricting some of the Hurricanes’ key players, they could not take the wicket of Nicola Carey whose unbeaten half-century condemned the Stars to a second straight loss.
Sydney Sixers will have had to do some soul-searching after they were blown away by Brisbane Heat. The Sixers fell to a huge 92-run loss and it will be up to the likes of Ellyse Perry to lead the way as her side look to produce a response here. They host Melbourne Stars who have lost both of their games so far with relatively underwhelming performances and if they do not pick up level of performance, they could find themselves on the end of a big loss against the Sixers who can hit back in this game.