2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Renegades Women Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Renegades Women taking place? Sunday 17th November, 2019 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Renegades Women taking place? Drummoyne Oval, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Renegades Women? 19c in partly cloudy skies but the outfield could be wet after earlier rain
What television channel is Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Renegades Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Renegades Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers Women vs Melbourne Renegades Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sydney Sixers Women beat Melbourne Renegades Women by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
SYDNEY SIXERS WOMEN
- Sydney Sixers maintained their record of only losing to Brisbane Heat in this season’s Women’s Big Bash League as they proved far too good for Sydney Thunder in their most recent game.
- The Sixers have now won all six of their games that have been against teams other than the Heat after the 40-run win over the Thunder in which they dominated with both bat and ball in an impressive display.
- Ellyse Perry continued her fine form as she amassed 81 to help her side to a total of 152 and that set the platform for the win, with the bowling unit doing a great job to take eight wickets and restrict the Thunder to just 112 in reply.
MELBOURNE RENEGADES WOMEN
- Unless Hobart Hurricanes can perform a big turnaround, it looks as though it will be six teams competing for four spots in the knockout stages but Melbourne Renegades must continue their recent form if they are to be one of those teams.
- The Renegades made it back-to-back victories as they saw off the Hurricanes for the second time in quick succession but the second win was a lot more dominant as they produced a strong all-round display.
- Molly Strano was the pick of the bowlers as she took 3-19 to help restrict the Hurricanes to 108/8 and the Renegades made light work of chasing that total down as they picked up an eight-wicket victory with over four overs to spare.
Sydney Sixers know a victory will put them on the top of the ladder and in a great position to advance to the knockout stages, regardless of the results in the other games this weekend. They have put themselves where they are on the back of six wins from eight games with their last two performances laying down a big marker. They face a Melbourne Renegades side here who have won their last two but the Sixers are likely to be too good and should make it seven wins from nine.