2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women taking place? Saturday 30th November, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women taking place? Hurstville Oval, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women? 22c but scattered thunderstorms are expected in the area
What television channel is Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sydney Sixers Women beat Adelaide Strikers Women by 8 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
SYDNEY SIXERS WOMEN
- Sydney Sixers lost a fourth consecutive game and their chances of making the semi-finals are looking precarious due to their form without Ellyse Perry as their inspirational captain’s absence continues to hinder them.
- Perry is being given every chance to make a sooner than expected return from her shoulder injury for this double-header against Adelaide Strikers but her side look in real trouble if she is unable to return.
- The Sixers posted 164 against Perth Scorchers in their last game and that was their best total in their four games without Perry but it was still not enough as the Scorchers surpassed their target with four balls remaining and eight wickets to spare.
ADELAIDE STRIKERS WOMEN
- Adelaide Strikers produced a thrilling victory against Sydney Thunder to maintain their winning streak and, with five wins in a row, the Strikers could finish top of the ladder with their fate in their own hands.
- The Strikers looked set for defeat with the Thunder requiring just a single run from the final ball of the innings but Sarah Coyte held her nerve superbly as she trapped Nida Dar lbw to ensure the scores were tied and force a Super Over.
- Amanda Jade-Wellington was given the responsibility with the ball in the Super Over and took her fourth wicket of the game to restrict the Thunder to 6/1 and having scored 88 from just 56, Sophie Devine stepped up to the mark again with all seven runs to seal the win for her side.
If Sydney Sixers could choose one team to face in a bid to end their four-game losing streak, it would probably be Adelaide Strikers. The Sixers have never lost to the Strikers and have won all nine of their games to date but the Strikers will be confident of finally breaking their duck. They are in great form having won their last five and they should be able to move to the top of the ladder with their first ever victory over the Sixers.