2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Sixers Women Preview & Prediction
When is Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Sixers Women taking place? Sunday 24th November, 2019 – 02:00 (UK)
Where is Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Sixers Women taking place? Lilac Hill Park, Perth
What is the expected weather for Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Sixers Women? 24c in partly cloudy skies
What television channel is Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Sixers Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Sixers Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Sixers Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Perth Scorchers Women beat Sydney Sixers Women by 52 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
PERTH SCORCHERS WOMEN
- Perth Scorchers produced their fifth win from their last six matches as they defeated Sydney Sixers in the Women’s Big Bash League and that result saw the Scorchers leapfrog their opponents on the ladder.
- It was a dominant display by the Scorchers who were the better side in all aspects of the game having made 152/5 with the bat with Natalie Sciver standing out with an impressive 52 from 37 balls.
- Sciver then chipped in with an important early wicket as she removed Alyssa Healy in the first over which set the tone for her side and with every one of the bowling unit taking at least one wicket, they restricted the Sixers to just 100/9 to seal the comfortable victory.
SYDNEY SIXERS WOMEN
- Sydney Sixers suffered a third consecutive loss as their woes continued against Perth Scorchers and must produce a big performance if they are to avoid a second successive defeat in quick succession against the same opponents.
- The Sixers struggled with the ball and were unable to keep the Scorchers from breaching the 150-run mark which left them with plenty of work to do with the bat when it came to chasing that total down.
- Their attempt to chase their target got off to a very poor start with the Sixers finding themselves at 35/5 and despite a defiant knock of 36* from Lauren Smith, she could not do enough as her side fell well short in defeat with the Scorchers winning by 52 runs.
Sydney Sixers’ slump continued in defeat to Perth Scorchers and they now find themselves in a precarious position on the ladder following a third consecutive loss. They come up against the Scorchers once again in what will be a difficult task for them to overturn such a heavy defeat. The Scorchers dominated in all departments to improve their recent winning record and having taken plenty of confidence from their victory yesterday, a similar outcome is on the cards here.