2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Perth Scorchers Women vs Brisbane Heat Women Preview & Prediction
When is Perth Scorchers Women vs Brisbane Heat Women taking place? Saturday 16th November, 2019 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is Perth Scorchers Women vs Brisbane Heat Women taking place? Drummoyne Oval, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Perth Scorchers Women vs Brisbane Heat Women? 19c but scattered thunderstorms are expected in the area and could have a big impact on play
What television channel is Perth Scorchers Women vs Brisbane Heat Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Perth Scorchers Women vs Brisbane Heat Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Perth Scorchers Women vs Brisbane Heat Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Perth Scorchers Women beat Brisbane Heat Women by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
PERTH SCORCHERS WOMEN
- Perth Scorchers proved too good for Sydney Thunder as they collected their third straight win in the Women’s Big Bash League and their recent upturn in form has put them right in contention to challenge for a spot in the knockout stages.
- The Scorchers were sent in to bat but did not get off to the best of starts after Georgia Redmayne was dismissed with the third ball of the innings and none of her teammates were able to really kick-on as they stuttered their way to 116/6.
- With a low total to defend, the Scorchers made a superb response and reduced the Thunder to 0/2 from which they never truly recovered from as Kim Garth starred with three wickets to help her side bowl their opponents out for 105 to snatch an 11-run victory.
BRISBANE HEAT WOMEN
- Brisbane Heat moved to the top of the WBBL standings as they continued their impressive run of form with a fourth consecutive victory thanks to a strong bowling display in their game against Sydney Thunder.
- The Heat were not at their best with the bat with the loss of regular wickets preventing them from building a better score as they were restricted to 128/8 with Laura Harris top scoring with 30.
- Their bowling unit did a superb collective job in reply as they dismissed their opponents for just 96 but even if they had not managed to achieve that feat, the Thunder were always well behind on the required run rate in what was a comfortable 32-run victory.
These two in-form teams meet in what should be an entertaining clash in Sydney but both will need to improve with the bat on the evidence of their latest showing. Perth Scorchers and Brisbane Heat both needed strong efforts from their bowling units to ensure they kept their winning streaks intact. Both are capable of winning this but the Heat look to be the strong all-round team and they should be able to do enough to make it five wins in a row.