2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Melbourne Stars Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Stars Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women taking place? Saturday 16th November, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Stars Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women taking place? Nuriootpa Centennial Park, Nuriootpa
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Stars Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women? 19c in partly cloudy skies
What television channel is Melbourne Stars Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Stars Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Stars Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers Women beat Melbourne Stars Women by 17 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
MELBOURNE STARS WOMEN
- A miserable campaign continued for Melbourne Stars as they went down to their seventh loss in this season’s Women’s Big Bash League as they were on the end of a nine-wicket defeat against Brisbane Heat.
- Despite posting their biggest total of this year’s competition, it still did not prove to be enough as their bowling unit once again failed to deliver with the Heat chasing down the 166 they needed to win with three balls to spare.
- A superb 88 by Mignon du Preez was in vain with the Stars managing to remove just one wicket in reply and every one of their bowlers went for more than seven runs an over apart from Erin Osborne, who did a solid job.
ADELAIDE STRIKERS WOMEN
- Adelaide Strikers got back to winning ways after two successive defeats and now get to face Melbourne Stars for the second game in a row after they overcame them by 17 runs in their last contest.
- The Strikers were on their way to a defendable total at 133/4 heading into the final over but a sensational effort from Sophie Devine saw her smash five consecutive sixes from the final five balls of the innings to move her side to 164/4 and a personal haul of 85*.
- That final over arguably took the game away from the Stars, who put up a good fight in reply, but when the 113-run partnership was broken for the second wicket the Strikers ripped through the middle and lower orders to restrict the Stars to 147/8 and claim the win.
Melbourne Stars already look like they have too much to do in order to make the knockout stages of the Women’s Big Bash League and will just have pride on the line for the remainder of the competition. They have struggled with the ball and that has been evident for a variety of reasons in their last two matches. The Strikers are in a strong position towards the top of the ladder and are likely to maintain that position with another victory here.