2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Melbourne Renegades Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Renegades Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women taking place? Saturday 9th November, 2019 – 02:00 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Renegades Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women taking place? CitiPower Centre, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Renegades Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women? 13c with some clouds above and a slight chance of rain
What television channel is Melbourne Renegades Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Renegades Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Renegades Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Melbourne Renegades Women beat Hobart Hurricanes Women by 3 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
MELBOURNE RENEGADES WOMEN
- After suffering a heart-breaking defeat against the Perth Scorchers under the D/L method, Melbourne Renegades were unable to bounce back as they suffered a third consecutive loss with the Sydney Sixers edging them with just one ball remaining.
- The Renegades were only able to post 120/8 with 88 of those runs coming from Tammy Beaumont, Courtney Webb and Jess Duffin as their teammates failed to offer a great deal to the cause.
- With a relatively modest total to defend, the Renegades went about their business fairly effectively but they could not take the key wicket of Ellyse Perry whose unbeaten knock condemned the Renegades to another defeat.
HOBART HURRICANES WOMEN
- Hobart Hurricanes are now without a win in their last four matches as they have lost three and seen one match washed out as Sydney Thunder ran out comfortable winners in their last game by six wickets.
- After their washout the day before, the Hurricanes were able to post 148 as they attempted to end their run without a win with Heather Knight powering her way to a superb 77 from just 49 deliveries.
- It was a solid total to defend but the bowling unit failed to fire as the Thunder were able to build several strong partnerships and chased down the total with 11 balls remaining which meant a six-wicket loss for the Hurricanes.
Melbourne Renegades and Hobart Hurricanes are both out of form heading into this contest but it is the Renegades that will be more confident of ending their losing run here. Their last three games have all come down to the penultimate ball or the final ball of the innings but all three have ended in defeat. They need to find a way to win and overcome their mental hurdle but with the Hurricanes getting outplayed of late, this should allow the Renegades to get back to winning ways.