2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Hobart Hurricanes Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women Preview & Prediction
When is Hobart Hurricanes Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women taking place? Saturday 23rd November, 2019 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Hobart Hurricanes Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women taking place? Blundstone Arena, Hobart
What is the expected weather for Hobart Hurricanes Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women? 12c and cloudy
What television channel is Hobart Hurricanes Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hobart Hurricanes Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Hobart Hurricanes Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers beat Hobart Hurricanes by 3 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
HOBART HURRICANES WOMEN
- Hobart Hurricanes’ hopes of reaching the knockout phase were all but dashed last time out as they fell seven runs short of Brisbane Heat’s total of 157/9 as the lower order had too much work to do in the run chase.
- They come into this match with three games remaining and needing something or a miracle to have any chance now but they will want to pick themselves up and produce a good display in their final match at home.
- England star Heather Knight continues to struggle with the bat as she was run out for just one last time out taking her tally to 41 runs from her last five WBBL innings and the batting department as a whole has to contribute more if they are to have any chance against the talented Strikers.
ADELAIDE STRIKERS WOMEN
- Adelaide Strikers come into this match riding a three-match winning streak and they have shown that whether batting first or second, they are equally comfortably and capable in this good run of form.
- Sophie Devine is arguably the most in-form batter in the Women’s BBL right now having hit five consecutive half centuries and the last three of those have been unbeaten as she is proving to be key to her team’s hopes.
- The Strikers not only have the edge in for, but they have dominated recent meetings between the two teams having won five of the last six completed matches against the Hurricanes, and they will likely name an unchanged side for this game.
This is the Hurricanes’ final match in Hobart of this edition of the WBBL, but they will have their work cut out against the Strikers. The Adelaide side have won their last three games and they have dominated against the Hurricanes in recent seasons. With Sophie Devine in sensational form with the bat, there is every chance she will continue this rich vein of form and lead the team to victory against the Hurricanes whose batting does not possess the same quality.