2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women taking place? Saturday 23rd November, 2019 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women taking place? Blundstone Arena, Hobart
What is the expected weather for Adelaide Strikers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women? 15c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers Women beat Sydney Thunder Women by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
ADELAIDE STRIKERS WOMEN
- Adelaide Strikers secured their place in the knockout stages of the Women’s Big Bash League for just the second time after they claimed a fourth consecutive victory when edging a closely-fought game against Hobart Hurricanes.
- The Strikers got off to a great start as opening pair Suzie Bates and Sophie Devine combined with skipper Bates ending her innings with a knock of 64 from 54 as her side posted a respectable 143/3.
- The Hurricanes made a good fist of chasing that down and put themselves in a position where they needed 11 from the final over but Sarah Coyte held her nerve as the Strikers held on for the vital two-run victory.
SYDNEY THUNDER WOMEN
- Sydney Thunder’s awful run of form continued as they went down to their fifth successive loss when losing to Adelaide Strikers in their last game and their hopes of making the semi-finals are now hanging by a thread.
- Thunder were outplayed with both bat and ball as they stuttered their way to a total of just 112 and despite only losing four wickets on the way, they were unable to get the ball away effectively to end with a run rate of under six an over.
- The Strikers went about their business slowly as they just tried to ensure they got the job done and an unbeaten knock of 62 from the in-form Sophie Devine proved to be the decisive innings as the Thunder’s miserable losing streak was extended.
Adelaide Strikers secured their place in the final four with a narrow victory against Hobart Hurricanes yesterday but if Sydney Thunder want to join them in the knockout stages, they cannot afford to lose here. A sixth successive loss will leave them with a mountain to climb but with the form they are in, it is difficult to see them putting a winning run together at this stage of the competition. The Strikers on the other hand are in great form and should pick up another victory.